The Packaging Designer is responsible for the creative design & layout of the packaging for our products – meeting the goals and objectives of the department. Interacting with the Brand Managers and the Art Directors, the Packaging Designer is responsible for their project from the conception of the packaging designs through the release of production files to the printer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate design direction from the Art Director into compelling design solutions.
- Produce creative concepts and maintain quality packaging designs for the company’s line of products.
- Manage all product deliverables on assigned programs.
- Execute production functions, such as cropping, scaling, illustration and retouching.
- Understand mechanical standards for effective cost savings for production.
- Follow licensor and in-store requirements and ensure all designs meet those requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Brand Managers, Art Directors and Editors.
- Communicate with the Packaging Engineer & Planning teams to ensure that the latest specs and die lines are available.
- Communicate with print vendors on file status.
- Attend team meetings and provide progress reports.